Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sweet Baby Boy Gift Set

Hi Everyone,
It's Sandy here. Don't fall off the chair now, but today I have a project of my own to share. :-)

This week the LLC Ladies have been playing with Pion Design's newly released collection "Sweet Baby", and we've seen some fantastic baby cards. Yesterday Eulanda demonstrated though how versatile this collection is; it can be used for so much more than baby projects! (Please scroll down to check out her card).

Today we're back to babies though. Some friends of ours had a baby boy back in April, so a card from me is loooong overdue. I wanted to do something different though this time....
Well; if you're looking for different...then look no further than our Elin!

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you have probably seen several of her beautiful and different projects; a lace book, a decorated bread board, a table decoration, lots of altered jars just to name a few.

I found my inspiration in a Christmas cookie/candy box, that Elin created last year.
And here's my take on it with the Sweet Baby Collection:
The adorable image is of course from the collection, and the paper I used to wrap around the jar is "Blue Baby Blanket". I also used the backside of Seed Packets from Vintage Garden for the decorative element in the middle. The border was punched out with an Echo Park punch, which Eulanda was kind enough to buy for me and send over (thanks hun!).
Then I added the blue satin ribbon and on top of it I glued on the strip with the tiny feet, from the Sweet Baby Border sheet. The die cut letters are also from Pion: Grandma's School Book Collection.

All edges have been distressed with Tea Dye.

From a bird's perspective:
The lid was made out of plastic, so I sanded it to get more of a rough surface that the gesso would stick to (thanks for the tip Alyce).
On top of the lid I placed a large die cut (from Joy Crafts) that I decorated:
The paper is the backside of the Blue Baby Blanket sheet. Also this image is from the Sweet Baby Collection, then there's cheese cloth, a couple of foam flower stems in blue, Wild Orchid Crafts Roses in different sizes in the colours light mocha and ivory. The large blue rose is one of the Wild Roses, and the pearls are from Melissa Frances.

Here are some further details:
I had so much fun though that I couldn't stop once the jar was finished, so I decided to make a matching card in "Elin style". (Or maybe it was my bad conscience: "if I make two things they might not be upset that I'm so late with my gift", LOL)
The papers are the same as I used for the jar and once again there's another image from the Images sheet. Aren't they adorable?!!!
The pull out tag I decorated with some flags from the Cut Out Sheet/ Vintage Garden. To the top borders I applied some Multi Medium, in order to strengthen the papers a bit. I used yet another border strip; this time with tiny blue baby feet, also placed on top of the blue satin ribbon.

The third border strip I used is the one on the front of the card, and it was attached to two mini sewing spools from Maya Road. 

The crane charm was perfect for this card; just toned it down a bit with gesso.

Here's one last pic of the set together:
Thanks for stopping by today.
Hugz, Sandy

3 comments: