Sunday, August 26, 2012

Vintage Summer Christmas

Hi, it's Becky here with my card for the Christmas without Christmas papers here at Live and Love Crafts. When I first saw this theme I was a little daunted, but once I got going I couldn't stop (in fact I scheduled this post on 18th August, how is that for organised).


I set myself the challenge of using The Vintage Summer Basics from Maja Design, and I didn't want to use a Christmas Sentiment, I felt that was cheating, lol. The papers are 192219331916 and the snowflakes have been cut from 1945. I love this collection, I colour with distress inks and the colours match perfectly. The edges have been distressed using a Tim Holtz Distresser Tool and then machine sewn.


The Poinsettia's have been cut out of Tim Holtz coordinations, as the colours are the same as the distress inks, I've then sanded them a bit using a Tim Holtz Sanding Grip. I've used a Mini Round Brad to fasten each of the Poinsettia's in place. 


I've used some of the scrumptious Ash Rose Shabby Seam Binding and tied a double bow. There's a Vintage Tag with Chantilly Lace


I've also added Glamour Dust and Liquid Pearls. Tilda with a Cute Lamb has been coloured with Distress Inks, and I've coloured the lamb in to look like a dog, well sort of. 

I hope that all of our projects this week have shown you how you don't need to use Christmas DP to make a Christmas Card. There's still a few days to enter our sketch challenge, just click on the link on the right.

And, click here to go to the shop as there's 15% off this Bank Holiday weekend, just enter the code 'Bank' at checkout, this is available until midnight on Monday 27th August.



Hugs,
Becky x

3 comments:

  1. what a scrummy card love the colouring
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's clever! you have made it look very christmassy without using Christmas papers!! wonderful card lovely xx
    Mel.

    ReplyDelete